Get familiar with the types of cars available on rent and the prices you should expect
The United Arab Emirates is truly a car-centric country. The tropical desert climate, affordable petrol prices and extravagant network of roads makes cars the most desired mode of transport, for residents and international visitors alike.
Although some residents opt for purchasing cars, it is not always cost effective for the rest. The rising costs of car registration (+ yearly renewal), insurance, down-payment and maintenance make purchasing a car financially unfeasible. Renting a car, on the contrary, offers a variety of cars to choose from at highly affordable rates. This has subsequently fueled the car rental industry helping it evolve into a vast market place tending to a wide range of customers and their needs.
A range of customers and car rental needs
- Tourists that wish to explore the city at their own pace
- Residents that need a car for personal or professional use
- Recreational rental by people who adore sports and luxury supercars
- Businesses that rent commercial vehicles to reduce capital investment
To efficiently service this wide range of clientele, the car rental industry hosts a fleet of cars ranging from budget-friendly to the exotic kind. Cars catering to specific requirements of size and luxury are available for rent on a daily, weekly and monthly basis.
On the basis of these requirements, rental cars can be segregated in eight categories – hatchbacks, sedans, SUVs, crossovers, sports cars, luxury cars and vans.
- Hatchbacks – Also referred to as Compact cars, hatchbacks are a perfect fit for a group of two to four people. Most people, residents and tourists alike, prefer hatchbacks owing to their highly affordable rates.
They are available for rent for a price range of AED 50 to AED 400 a day and AED 1350 to AED 5000 a month. The most desired hatchbacks for rent in Dubai are Kia Picanto, Chevrolet Spark and Nissan Micra.
- Sedans – Sedans are a perfect fit for business executives and small families of about four people.
They are available for rent for a price range of AED 65 to AED 1000 a day and AED 1200 to AED 3700 a month. The most desired sedans for rent in Dubai are Kia Optima, Nissan Sunny and Toyota Corolla.
- SUVs – Sports Utility Vehicles are a perfect fit for big families and business professionals. They offer ample space promising a comfortable journey and showcase impressive off-roading abilities.
They are available for rent for a price range of AED 120 to AED 1800 a day and AED 2400 to AED 48,000 a month. The most desired SUVs for rent in Dubai are Hyundai Tucson, Nissan Patrol and Range Rover Sport.
- Crossovers – Simply put crossovers are smaller SUVs, they offer better interior comfort and superior fuel economy. They are suitable for long journeys given the additional space.
They are available for rent for a price range of AED 70 to AED 580 a day and AED 1543 to AED 5500 a month. The most desired Crossovers for rent in Dubai are Kia Sportage, Nissan Xtrail and Renault Duster.
- Sports Cars – The perfect choice of cars to drive in Dubai owing to the extravagant lifestyle the city has to offer. These cars are highly preferred by adrenaline junkies, including residents and tourists, and by people whose only vice is fast cars.
They are available for rent for a price range of AED 450 to AED 6000 a day. The most desired Sports cars for rent in Dubai are Lamborghini Huracan Coupe, Ferrari Portofino, Ford Mustang V6 Convertible and Chevrolet Camaro SS V8 Convertible.
- Luxury Cars – Luxury Cars are synonymous with the lifestyle Dubai has to offer. Not only do they promise comfort, they symbolize prosperity and splendour.
They are available for rent for a price range of AED 450 to AED 4000 a day.
- Vans – Vans are widely used by businesses for transportation of their employees. To curb capital investments, businesses prefer renting them over buying it.
They are available for rent for a price range of AED 130 to AED 800 a day and AED 1900 to AED 16000 a month. The most desired vans for rent in Dubai are
The prices showcased for most car rental offers are inclusive of basic insurance, mileage allowance and delivery charge. However, it is always recommended that you gather information about the inclusions before making the deal to avoid paying more than you desired to. To get the best deal in the market, you need to compare offers from multiple car rental agencies as opposed to settling for the cheapest deal. A lot of factors like the kind of insurance offered, mileage allowance, method of payment for security deposit, delivery charges, fuel charges among others need to be considered. Comparing car rental offers at such a wide scale might seem a tiring process but with OneClickDrive.com, it is a piece of cake.
Renting with UAE’s leading car rental marketplace, OneClickDrive, allows you to get the best deals on rental cars in just a few clicks. With a huge pool of car rental agencies across UAE, you get to filter through numerous offers on the car you desire. You also get to deal with the supplier directly and avoid paying booking fees, markups and commission.