Traveling to the UAE just got easier! The Federal Authority for Identity and Citizenship (ICP) has launched a new 5-year Multiple Entry visa for visitors. This eVisa is available to visitors of all nationalities and allows them to enter the UAE multiple times over 5 years.
This visa is beneficial for visitors who frequently travel to the UAE to meet friends and family, attend conferences and events, or for those who want to transit through one of UAE’s airports or ports of entry. If you’re looking to obtain this visa, follow our comprehensive guide below:
Where to apply
(ICP Smart Services website > Public Services > Step 1)
- Next, click on Public Services and select this tab: ‘Visa-Multiple Entry-Long Term Tourism (5 Years) For All Nationalities – Issue New Visa’. Click on Start Service and fill out the application form.
- Next, attach all required documents and review your application.
- Finally, pay your visa fees and make a note of your request number. You will need it to download your eVisa.
- Once your visa is approved, it will be available to download from the ICP website. Print it and travel to any of the seven Emirates.
- Applicant passport copy (First and last page)
- Applicant return flight tickets
- 6 months of medical insurance purchased from a UAE insurance company
- 6 months attested bank statement with a monthly balance of minimum USD 4000/- or equivalent in home currency
- Passport photo with white background (600×600 pixels)
- Hotel booking or Residence proof of a relative (Relative passport copy, Visa copy, Emirates ID, Ejari, Electricity bill). A confirmed hotel booking works better for this visa.
Key points to keep in mind when filling out the application
- Be sure to attach all requested documents to avoid rejection of your visa.
- Ensure that you have entered the correct email in your application, as all emails from ICP will be sent to the same email address.
- If the applicant is male, unmarried female, or child then the applicant’s name has to be filled in as: Applicant Name followed by Father’s Name (If you have previously traveled to the UAE, refer to your previous visit visas to see how your name is entered).
- If the applicant is a married female then the applicant’s name has to be filled in as: Applicant Name followed by Husband’s Name (If you have previously traveled to the UAE, refer to your previous visit visas to see how your name is entered).
- The application requires a local phone number. You can enter a friend’s or relative’s mobile number.
- Total stay permitted under this visa is 90 days per year (you can request an extension of 90 days of your stay, subject to approval by the ICP). The total validity of this visa is 5 years.
- If your details are incorrect or insufficient, the application will be returned/rejected and you will have to upload the correct documents or edit your application as required. This visa application can be returned a maximum of 3 times, after which it will be canceled.
- In case your application is rejected and is not updated within 30 days, then your application will be canceled and the amount paid will be forfeited.
- The application contains a field that asks for Unified ID or UID. This field is not mandatory, however, if you have traveled to the UAE before, you can find this UID on the GDRFA/ICA website by entering your passport details.
Link to find your UID:
GDRFA | ICA
- This is an eVisa and will not be stamped on your passport. You can print it and use it for your travel to the UAE.
- The processing time of this visa can take between 4 to 7 business days. Check the application progress on the ICP Smart Services website frequently using your request number if you don’t receive emails from ICP.
- · After your application is approved, you must enter the UAE within 60 days of the issuance of your visa. Failure to do so may result in your visa being canceled.
- Application fee for this visa is approximately AED 660/- (including VAT). If your application is rejected then, the refund provided will be AED 500/-.
- The cost of 6 months of medical insurance from a UAE company will be approximately AED 230/- to 300/-, depending on the insurance company. If you wish to buy Daman Health Insurance, here’s the link for 190 days’ visitor insurance.
And that’s it! This easy and hassle-free visa makes UAE the perfect place to visit all year round. You will need an equally easy and reliable mode of travel to explore the many beautiful sights of the UAE during your visits, so be sure to check out the extensive range of rental cars and packages on OneClickDrive.com. Ahlan Wa Sahlan!